- Eat healthy: lots of fruits, vegetables, grains (potatoes and bread) and dairy products (milk and cheese).
- Eat several small portions spread out over the day instead of fewer large meals. This helps your body to digest the food better. Some foods, dirt and used cat litter can carry germs that are dangerous for the foetus (danger of infection of toxoplasmosis and listeria). This means that clean hands and clean food are especially important.
- Do not eat raw eggs.
- Do not eat raw or smoked fish.
- Do not eat raw or uncooked meat.
- Wash your hands after cutting raw meat.
- Do not eat cheese made from raw milk and do not drink raw milk (raw milk has not been pasteurized).
- Wash raw fruits and vegetables very well.
- Wear gloves when working in the garden or cleaning the cat litter box. Always wash your hands afterwards.
- Drink enough water.
- Only drink small amounts of coffee, tea or cola.
- Do not drink alcohol. Alcohol can seriously harm your baby.
Medicine and drugs
Sports and outdoor activities
- You should stay active: walking, cycling, swimming...
- Relax when you feel tired.
- Stay out of the sun. If you plan to be in the sun for awhile, use sunscreen.
You can still have sex during pregnancy.
Translate this text into:Close