Being a parent changes your life a lot.
- feel a great responsibility for the baby, who is dependent on you for food, care and love;
- feel insecure and scared about the baby’s emotions and needs. You only get to know these little by little;
- become short of sleep because you have to get up at night;
- have difficulties breast-feeding (women);
- worry about the future;
- have to give up previous habits and hobbies;
- have to plan your activities carefully.
Your social contacts may change. For example, you may:
- want to spend a lot of the time with your baby;
- get to know new people who also have children;
- move and get new neighbours;
- have to plan more in advance: some contacts may become less intense.
Both the mother and father of the baby experience changes.
Changes are normal. It takes some time to get used to the new situation.