How to put on a condom
Put on a condom before penetration. Do it in the following way:
- Check that the expiry date has not yet passed. Only use condoms with the CE quality label on the wrapping.
- Tear the pouch open. There is a small incision on one side of the packaging to help you. Do not open it with scissors, a knife or teeth. The condom may tear. Be careful with long fingernails.
- Pull back the foreskin if the penis is not circumcised. Squeeze the tip of the condom to leave room for semen and put the condom on top of the penis. The penis should be hard (erection).
- Make sure the rolled-up rim of the condom is on the outside. Roll down the condom over the entire penis so it does not slip off.
- After ejaculation, take the condom off the penis while it is still hard.
- Hold the condom at the rim and make sure no semen leaks out.
- Tie the condom in a knot to prevent semen from spilling out. Throw the used condom in a bin.
Only use the condom once.
Do not use 2 condoms at the same time. The condoms may tear.
Only use water-based lubricants on the condom.
Protection against HIV and STIs
Both partners share the responsibility for using a condom. Talk with your partner about it.